11 ways to make your wedding unforgettable
This blog post comes to you courtesy of Alive Network, the fantastic sponsors of The South East Wedding Show’s Entertainment hub. They will be bringing you all the live music and entertainment you will be enjoying during the show. All acts you see featured here are available to book for your wedding music and entertainment via Alive Network.
So you want your wedding to be remembered for all the right reasons? Entertainment is a sure-fire way make the most of every moment – whether that’s ramping up the goosebumps at your ceremony, or creating that hands-in-the-air dancefloor euphoria.
Here are 11 winning ideas for every part of your big day. YOLO…
It’s your big ‘butterflies’ moment – excited, nervous, and happy, all at the same time. Choose entertainment that reflects your mood as you make it official:
1. Classical-meets-Contemporary Musicians: Get the feel of classical music, You-style. Think harp music covering Beyoncé. How about a string quartet performing an indie classic like The Verve’s Bittersweet Symphony? Or – for serious fantasy buffs – the Game Of Thrones theme?!
2. Vocalists: Go soulful like Harry & Meghan, with a gospel choir – if you want emotion, this is it. There won’t be a dry eye in the house.
Your Drinks Reception
Celebrate your “I dos”, mingle happily, then slip away to have your photos taken, knowing your guests are in safe hands with entertainment that’ll create a buzz and break the ice.
4. Pop-Up Bars: A cool bar can be a real talking point at your wedding, serving your choice of tipple – think gin and champagne bars, Aperol spritz in the sun, personalised cocktails (get your guests to name them!), and craft ales.
Your Wedding Breakfast
No need for the party to flag just because you’re sitting down to eat. Check out these entertainment ideas:
6. Mood Music: Think background music that’ll keep your party flowing, like cool pianists and swinging jazz bands, playing your style of music. From vintage jazz and soul, to chart hits, film themes and musicals, they’ve got it covered.
7. Secret Singing Servers: Inject some fun into that post-meal lull! Delight your guests with singing waiters they just weren’t expecting, and get the party started before you’ve even left your table.
Your Evening Reception
From your spine-tingling first dance to your euphoric last song of the night, celebrate in style with the party to end all parties.
8. Fairground Attraction: Bring all the fun of the fair to your W-day celebrations, with fairground rides – think Ferris wheel, swinging love boats, and traditional carousel.
9. Photo Booths: Grab a prop, strike a pose in a photo booth or magic mirror, and create some brilliant mementos to raise a smile for you and your guests.
10. Your Party Headliners: What better way to headline your big day, than with a killer wedding band performing the anthems you love at a live gig that’s just for you and your guests?
11. DJ & After Party: From club classics to old skool anthems, a DJ will keep the tempo up and your after party on point. Look for DJs performing with live musicians like sax players or live vocalists for an authentic Ibiza vibe (swimming pool optional).